Forthcoming game Batman: Arkham City is getting an accompanying soundtrack featuring new tracks from some of the best artists out there today.
From the official press release:
The artists featured on Batman: Arkham City – The Album approached their contributions to the album with their own unique interpretations of the stories surrounding Batman. The result is an eclectic mix of dynamic, atmospheric songs for an album that will appeal to fans of both the artists and Batman: Arkham City. Coheed and Cambria frontman Claudio Sanchez said, “I write in a very conceptual format with the stories that surround Coheed and Cambria, but Batman has a much larger, defined history and rules that go along with it. My goal was to find universal themes from Batman’s existing history to help give the lyrics legs and dimension so that the song could live within that world.”
Coheed and Cambria’s contribution called “Deranged” is available for listening right now on Youtube and as a long time Coheed fan, I’m well pleased. It’s a superb tune.
The full track listing is as follows
1. Panic! At The Disco – Mercenary
2. Coheed and Cambria – Deranged
3. The Duke Spirit – Creature
4. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Shadow On The Run
5. Blaqk Audio – Afterdark
6. The Raveonettes – Oh, Stranger
7. ††† (Crosses) – The Years
8. The Damned Things – Trophy Widow
9. Daughtry – Drown In You
10. The Boxer Rebellion – Losing You
11. Serj Tankian – Total Paranoia
*Bonus Collector’s Edition track
12. A Place to Bury Strangers – In The Shadow
The soundtrack will be released on its own, but also comes as a bonus as part of the collectors edition of the game with the extra exclusive 12th track.
Batman: Arkham City is released on 21st October on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC